President Buhari has appointed Assistant Inspector General of Police, Zanna Mohammed Ibrahim, as acting Inspector General of Police.
- Mr Zanna Mohammed Ibrahim was born on November, 26, 1962.
- He obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science and Master’s degree in International Relations and Strategic Studies both from the University of Jos, Plateau State.
- He was enlisted into the Nigeria Police Force, on 15th March, 1988.
- On successful completion of training at the Nigeria Police Academy Annex, Kaduna, he was posted to Borno State Police Command, where he had a one year compulsory attachment at Biu Divisional Police Headquarters, and later served in various Commands and formations across the country which includes.
- The top cop, a Borno State Indigene, had served as commissioner of police in Delta and Zamfara States before his elevation to the rank of Assistant Inspector General of Police.
- As a proficient and astute investigator, AIG Zanna Mohammed Ibrahim mni, was appointed a member of the presdential Investigation team on “crude oil theft” in Nigeria set up by the former president Goodluck E. Jonathan.