Amuwo Odofin Local Government Council has placed an indefinite ban on sporting activities on fields and sports centres in the area.
The council Chairman, Mr Valentine Buraimoh, announced this in a statement on Tuesday in Lagos.
He said operations at bars and clubs were also suspended indefinitely.
The council boss said the ban became necessary to mitigate the surge of coronavirus in the council area.
“The second wave of COVID-19, our common enemy, with no respect for gender, tribe or status is fast ravaging the world.
“In Nigeria and Lagos, amongst its casualties are distinguished personalities in the society.
“To this end, it becomes expedient that under my watch as executive chairman, full enforcement and compliance measures as directed by NCDC will be totally observed,” he said.
Buraimoh urged the citizenry to take responsibility by observing the existing COVID-19 guidelines.
“Report suspected cases to the appropriate authorities,” said Buraimoh, who vowed to prosecute violators of the guidelines.
- This Igbo Man Is Nigeria’s Next President, But People Won’t Believe
- “If You Eat These Common Foods At Your Age, You Can Die Anytime”
- Pray For Her: Meet The African Woman That Might Be Executed In China (Photos and Details)
- Buhari Should Close Schools For Another 6 Months Before This Bad Thing Happens
- Drink A Cup Of This For 7 Days To Cure Typhoid Fever
- 4 Years After She Was Fired For Being Too Pretty, See What Stephanie Does Now
- How To Know If A Girl Has A Boyfriend Without Asking Her Directly
- The Man That Made Lt. Gen Buratai Cry In Public (Photos)
- BREAKING: COVID-19 Killing Patriotic Nigeria Leaders – Obasanjo
- BREAKING: COVID-19 Provides A Unique Opportunity To Upgrade Nigeria’s Health Infrastructure – Osinbajo