The federal government has concluded plans to phase out the sale and consumption of alcohol in sachets and polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottles.
The director-general of the National Agency for Foods and Drugs Administration and Control (NAFDAC), Mojisola Adeyeye, disclosed this in a statement released.
According to Adeyeye, uncontrolled access and availability of high concentration alcohol in sachet and small volume PET or glass bottles contribute to substance and alcohol abuse in Nigeria. She said the food agency will no longer register new products in sachet and small volume PET or glass bottles with contents above 30 percent alcohol by volume (ABV).
“These concerns relate to negative effects of irresponsible alcohol consumption on public health and on the safety and security of the public, alcohol being a toxic and psychoactive substance with dependence producing properties.
In regard to alcohol, major stakeholders have been engaged at the highest level and…
- Video Of 2 JHS Students Practicing Couple Goals Goes Viral
- Wonder Shall Never End!!! JHS Student Skip Class to Give Her Boyfriend M0uth Act!on At A Conner (Video Below)
- Female SHS Student Gives Boy Hot Grind Till He Was “On” (Watch Video)
- VIDEO: Assembly Man Caught Ch0pping Area-Town Girl In His Car
- VIDEO: Nursing Mother Caught On Camera Being Ch0pped By A Man Whilst Carrying Her Child
- VIDEO: Drama As A Chipata Govt Employee Is Caught Having $ex With A Grade 9 Girl Pupil
- Wonders As Pastor Examines Female Congregants “TONGA” To Know If They Ready For Marriage (Watch Video)
- What A Pity!!! School Girls Shows Their Poor Home Upbringing To The World (Watch Video)
- END TIME: Here Is The Reverend Male And Female Yawa Video Trending On The Media (Watch Video)
- Akuapim Poloo Share Video Of Herself Bathing N@ked