Latest News

Ngige withdraws from the presidential campaign for 2023.

1652535560 images 3

Ngige withdraws from the presidential campaign for 2023

Chris Nwabueze Ngige, the Minister of State for Labour, Employment, and Productivity, has withdrawn from the presidential election in 2023.

This comes less than three weeks after his declaration in Alor, Anambra State’s capital.

Ngige stated in a statement received by InfoGong in Abuja on Friday that his live declaration came as a consequence of pressure from friends, supporters, and allies, considering that he had the skills to succeed President Muhammadu Buhari.

He said that his supporters had purchased his candidacy form, which he had yet to complete and submit.

“On Tuesday, April 19th, 2022, I publicly declared my interest to contest for the office of President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, following the constitutional provision that prevents our amiable incumbent President, Muhammadu Buhari, from seeking re-election to the office, as he would have completed his two terms in office by May 29th, 2023,” according to his statement. The proclamation was made in Alor, Anambra State’s Idemili South Local Government Area.

“I made my announcement in response to pressure from my constituency, political associates, friends, and other well-intentioned Nigerians who believed I had the qualities and experience for the post.”

Ngige said that his supporters paid for the ruling All Progressives Congress’s declaration of interest and nomination form (APC).

He also revealed that he talked with President Muhammadu Buhari about the development after previously meeting with him about his political ambitions.

“It is my pleasure to announce the withdrawal of my interest and earlier decision to run for President in the 2023 general elections, after consulting widely with my family, constituency, supporters, and well-wishers.”

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x