SolarPowerNaija trended on social media to create awareness about the power and energy component of the Economic Sustainability Plan developed by the Vice President Yemi Osinbajo-led Committee.
While lauding the initiative, many Nigerians said the Solar Power Programme would provide stable electricity supply to 5 million households, serving about 25 million Nigerians in rural areas and under-served urban communities.
The 5 Million Connections initiative is a private sector-led electricity access acceleration scheme to be facilitated by a low-cost loan facility from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and implemented by the Rural Electrification Agency (REA).
Describing the programme as strategic, they urged the government to vigorously pursue and ensure its full implementation, adding that the success of the scheme would lead to job creation, as MSMES in rural communities that depend on electricity would naturally pick up and become profitable.
Television Continental (TVC) was one of the top trends on social media after the private media outfit won the Great Place To Work Award for 2020.
Many who took to social media to celebrate with TVC said despite the Coronavirus pandemic, fire outbreak, recession and all that has happened, no staff was laid off at the station.
According to them, TVC always puts its staff first and that makes the company a great place to work.
They congratulated TVC, while urging other organizations to emulate it and treat their staff right.
Former governor of Anambra State, Mr Peter Obi, has bared his mind on the state of the nation’s economy.
Obi, who spoke on Arise TV, canvassed for private sector-led involvement in the construction of roads, which will be tolled.
This, however, didn’t just go without some Nigerians tackling him on it. They said the same Peter Obi on a political turf will turn later to attack the same policy as an attempt to impoverish the masses.
To others, Mr Peter Obi has no business commenting on national issues until he clears himself at the Anambra Judicial panel of inquiry on the activities of SARS during his tenure.
The military on Monday said it is worried about the trend of some locals in the northeast declining to provide useful information to security agencies.
Military spokesman, Major-General John Enenche, while appearing on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily, said some local residents reduce the military’s effectiveness to combat the insecurity scourge in the region by not providing relevant information.
But his statement generated mixed reactions, as those who commented on the news said the military should not depend entirely on information from the civilian population whose lives are in great danger.
They said the situation is complex as the locals find themselves caught in between the military and the terrorists, without knowing which of the two would offer them better protection.
However, some still believed that the military ought to possess superior intelligence gathering means than the terrorists.
- Video Of 2 JHS Students Practicing Couple Goals Goes Viral
- Wonder Shall Never End!!! JHS Student Skip Class to Give Her Boyfriend M0uth Act!on At A Conner (Video Below)
- Female SHS Student Gives Boy Hot Grind Till He Was “On” (Watch Video)
- VIDEO: Assembly Man Caught Ch0pping Area-Town Girl In His Car
- VIDEO: Nursing Mother Caught On Camera Being Ch0pped By A Man Whilst Carrying Her Child
- VIDEO: Drama As A Chipata Govt Employee Is Caught Having $ex With A Grade 9 Girl Pupil
- Wonders As Pastor Examines Female Congregants “TONGA” To Know If They Ready For Marriage (Watch Video)
- What A Pity!!! School Girls Shows Their Poor Home Upbringing To The World (Watch Video)
- END TIME: Here Is The Reverend Male And Female Yawa Video Trending On The Media (Watch Video)
- Akuapim Poloo Share Video Of Herself Bathing N@ked