Tinubu’s campaign organisation disowns manifesto
The Bola Tinubu campaign organisation has distanced itself from a manifesto attributed to the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate that has gone viral.
Earlier on Sunday, a document described as the manifesto of Tinubu, APC’s presidential candidate, was shared on social media platforms.
But in a statement on Sunday, Bayo Onanuga, spokesman of the campaign organisation, said the document in circulation is “merely a draft proposal and suggestions on the programmes he (Tinubu) should implement, when elected in February 2023”.
Onanuga said Tinubu is consulting with the APC, experts in various fields, and citizens across all levels “on an all-embracing manifesto” that would be presented to Nigerians.
“I want to place it on record that the manifesto being circulated via social media platforms and already published by a section of the mainstream media, is not the official manifesto of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and All Progressives Congress for the 2023 general election,” he said.
“While our presidential candidate appreciates the spirit and efforts of his associates that produced the document being passed around mostly on WhatsApp, we want to clearly state that the document is an unofficial document and Tinubu cannot be held accountable on any of the issues raised in the document.
“The presidential candidate and APC are currently working on an all-embracing manifesto that will inspire the confidence of Nigerians.
“When the official policy document of Tinubu is ready, it will be formally presented to Nigerians and our candidate will be in a position to defend every word that will be contained therein.
“We appreciate the interest and enthusiasm of Nigerians to know about the programmes and policy options Asiwaju Tinubu will pursue in government when elected.
“He is a tested and experienced leader who will bring his knowledge and expertise to run a government that will meet the aspiration and yearnings of our people across every sector.”