Health

Top Seed Fognini Out Of Sardinia Tennis With Coronavirus

Top-seeded Italian Fabio Fognini was forced to pull out of the ATP Sardegna Open on Wednesday after testing positive for coronavirus.

READ FULL ARTICLES HERE

“Guys, I have to tell you that this morning I tested positive for Covid-19,” the 33-year-old said on Instagram.

“The symptoms are very mild, a little cough and fever, headache … but unfortunately this bad news has arrived.

“I’m already in isolation and I’m convinced that I will recover very soon. I hug you all.”

Fognini, 33, had a first-round bye and was set to open in the second round against Spain’s Roberto Carballes Baena in the tournament played on clay on the Italian island of Sardinia.

The world number 16 was replaced by Croatian Danilo Petrovic.READ FULL ARTICLES HERE

Fognini and doubles partner Lorenzo Musetti lost their last-16 tie to fellow Italians Lorenzo Sonego and Andrea Vavassori on Tuesday, following a 15-13 third-set tiebreak in a match lasting more than two hours.

“All the people with whom Fognini was in direct contact were placed in preventive isolation and subjected to new swabs,” the Italian tennis federation said in a statement.

READ FULL ARTICLES HERE

Fognini, who won the Monte Carlo Masters last year, was out for six months this year following surgery to both ankles.

About the author

Loto Samuel

Welcome To Loto Samuel, I'm a blogger in Nigeria, My aims and objectives are to share knowledge and varieties of news and information across the globe.

Leave a Reply

close

Ad Blocker Detected!

Accepts

Refresh